Copper Mineralization Intersected in First Drill Hole at Gazooma Area, Marshall Lake Property
- Assays of 1.18% copper, 0.68 oz/ton silver and 0.18 g/tonne gold over 27.92m
- Including 1.77% copper, 1.00 oz/ton silver and 0.25 g/tonne gold over 7.00m
- Including 1.94% copper, 1.07 oz/ton silver and 0.32 g/tonne gold over 4.10m
- Including 1.27% copper, 0.73 oz/ton silver and 0.18 g/tonne gold over 10.42m
- Including 1.27% copper, 0.73 oz/ton silver and 0.19 g/tonne gold over 24.92m
East West Resource Corporation (TSX-V: EWR) and Eyeconomy Holdings PLC (UK-PLUS: EYE) are pleased to announce the first drill hole, GAZ-06-01, of an initial drill program to test a group of mineral showings has intersected an important width of copper mineralization at Marshall Lake at the Gazooma trench. A 13m wide exposure in the trench is part of the section tested, however, mineralization is more wide spread than previously thought. The drill hole, collared 25 metres south of the copper bearing massive sulphide showing, intersected copper mineralization from the start of the hole beneath 3 metres of overburden.
Copper (chalcopyrite) occurs as disseminations and stringers in a very siliceous grey coloured, cherty rhyolite. Minor chlorite patches and stringers overprint the rhyolite. Occasional "robin’s egg" blue quartz-eyes occur in the chlorite alteration. Brown zinc (sphalerite) was noted in a 0.1m interval, which was not visible in earlier trench samples. The presence of zinc may suggest another phase of the VMS (Volcanogenic Massive Sulphide) style of mineralization occurs in the area.
The ongoing Induced Polarization (IP) survey has detected a number of other similar anomalies to the one that occurs at Gazooma that will be drill tested as the work on the property progresses.
When analysing for basemetal and silver values (Copper, Zinc and Silver) were determined by ICP (inductively coupled plasma) after an aqua regia acid digestion. Assays exceeding 100 grams silver and 10,000 parts per million (ppm) copper were repeated using multi acid digestion and atomic absorption (AA). Check assays were run on high values. Gold values were determined by fire assay extraction on 30-gram samples followed by an AA finish.
1ppm = 1 g/tonne
1 oz (troy) = 31.103 grams
1 troy oz/ton = 34.2857 g/tonne
The true thickness is 70 – 80% of the core length, based on trenching information.
Including assays of:
- 1.27 % copper, 0.73 oz/ton silver, 0.19 g/tonne gold over 24.92 m (7.0m to 32.0m)
- 1.77% copper, 1.00 oz/ton silver, 0.25 g/tonne gold over 7.00 m (11.0m to 18.0m)
- 1.94% copper, 1.07 oz/ton silver, 0.32 g/tonne gold over 4.10 m (27.9m to 32.0m)
- 1.27% copper, 0.73 oz/ton silver, 0.18 g/tonne gold over 10.42m (24.5m to 35.0m)
ALS Chemex in Thunder Bay carried out preparations of the samples outlined in this news release and ALS Chemex in North Vancouver carried out assaying.
This property forms part of the 50-50 joint venture with Eyeconomy Holdings PLC. Eyeconomy Holdings are required to match the East West expenditure to earn their 50% interest.
The project set out above is being supervised by R. Middleton, P.Eng, who is the qualified person and responsible for quality control of the assaying and reporting. More details are available on all of East West’s properties at www.eastwestres.com.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Blake Colvin, Director